Re: cyclic dependency for slurred notes with articulations

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: cyclic dependency for slurred notes with articulations
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 06:58:23 +0200

On 4 juin 2012, at 01:23, Colin Hall wrote:

> Here's a bug report against git master that was sent to bug-lilypond. We
> can't accept it as a bug because the software Mike used isn't a released
> version.
>
> Perhaps you guys can use this info from Mike.
>
> Cheers,
> Colin.
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Mike Solomon <address@hidden> -----
>
> Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 06:56:30 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Mike Solomon <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: cyclic dependency for slurred notes with articulations
>
>> I'm not top posting
>
> \relative {
>  \tempo "foo"
>  f4->--( e8-.)
> }
>
> Results in a cyclic dependency warning. Remove the tempo
> and there is no longer the warning.

Thanks Colin for passing this along!

Question regarding programming errors of this ilk - if a programming error
shows up only in current master w/ optimizing disabled (meaning it'd never show
up in a release where optimizing is enabled), how should we flag it and track
it so that it is not lost?

Cheers,
MS