Re: cyclic dependency for slurred notes with articulations

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: cyclic dependency for slurred notes with articulations
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:22:25 +0100

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 06:58:23AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Question regarding programming errors of this ilk - if a programming error
> shows up only in current master w/ optimizing disabled (meaning it'd never
> show up in a release where optimizing is enabled), how should we flag it and
> track it so that it is not lost?

Add it to the tracker?

I mean, you (Mike, a programmer) add it to the tracker.  Don't
forward it to bug-lilypond, don't forward it to the bug squad.
They're not trained to deal with stuff like this, and we already
have enough problems finding enough people to fill the slots so we
can't train them to handle reports like this.

If somebody knows enough about lilypond to compile git master
(with or without debug messages), they know enough to navigate the
issue tracker.