Re: new bar-lines / issue 1320

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: new bar-lines / issue 1320
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:14:42 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Thomas Morley
<address@hidden> wrote:

> together with Marc Hohl I was working on Issue 1320 for a couple of weeks.
> Now we have a first working version using a new approach to design BarLines:

wow!  Looks very impressive!

> Please note, there was need to change some glyphs:
> "*" - dotted-bar-line

Frankly, it always confuses me when i have to code a thick line using
"." - it's very unintuitive.  What about changing this to some other
character?  Maybe uppercase i?  It looks "thicker" - unless you use a
sans-serif font...

> But now we have to make a decision about further development:
> We played around with the idea to replace all relevant parts of
> bar-line.cc and span-bar.cc with scheme-code.
> Would this be suitable?

I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer this question.

> All other observations, hints and suggestions are highly apreciated!

Is this code supposed to work with 2.15.36?  I get some warnings:

warning: cannot find property type-check for `startRepeatType'
(translation-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: doing assignment anyway
warning: cannot find property type-check for `endRepeatType'
(translation-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: doing assignment anyway

looks like something related to http://codereview.appspot.com/6210049,
which was created after 2.15.36.

cheers,