Re: Auto-merging translations and master

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Auto-merging translations and master
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:30:20 +0200

Il giorno mar, 05/06/2012 alle 12.15 +0200, David Kastrup ha scritto:
> Change A redefines a function and its callers.
>
> Change B introduces another call of the function.
>
> No merge conflict.

I see.  You're right, in an ideal world change B would always produce a
build error, but in the real world not always, and automatic merges tend
to be less examined by hand.

I withdraw what I proposed at the start of this thread, but a cron job
for just *building* translation could help, especially if its output can
be put easily on a publicly accessible server (this not the case of the
computer I'm running in the lab).

Cheers,
John