Auto-merging translations and master

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Auto-merging translations and master
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:11:46 +0200

Hello,

Now that I have looked at the scripts for building staging and merging
it into master, upgraded my Fedora installation, a cron job runs this
every two hours on my computer in the lab, and sends an email
notification only if something fails or when a build is done.  How about
adding merging with translation?  I propose that when staging builds
succesfully, it should be merged into master and translation, then a
build of translation is attempted, and if it succeeds translation is
merged into master.

What do you think of this?

The only objection I'm seeing for now is that there are too frequent
issues of files non distributed in tarball; for dealing with this I
propose to use dist-check from GUB, with an option to try using it
without doing a complete GUB build.

Cheers,
John