Re: Issue 2584 (redo 1967): please make partcombine merge slurs (issue 6

From: reinhold . kainhofer
Subject: Re: Issue 2584 (redo 1967): please make partcombine merge slurs (issue 6294047)
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:44:22 +0000

The partcombiner does not really bother about keeping the number of
generated start and end slur events matched, so this attempts to cope
by implementing the following behavior:

a) multiple slur starts on the same moment are not an error but the
    same as one.

I actually did NOT implement it like this on purpose: If you start a
slur and a phrasing slur and forget the backslash in the phrasing slur
start (which happened to me quite frequently!), you'll have to manually
find out where the phrasing slur should start (which is typically
several lines before), while on the other hand two concurrent slurs are
not supported, anyway. So to me it seemed reasonable to warn the user
about the double slur start, which typically indicates a missing
backslash for a phrasing slur.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6294047/