Re: Issue 2584 (redo 1967): please make partcombine merge slurs (issue 6

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 2584 (redo 1967): please make partcombine merge slurs (issue 6294047)
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:57:54 +0000

On 2012/06/08 09:44:22, Reinhold wrote:
So to me it
seemed reasonable to warn the user about the double slur start, which
typically
indicates a missing backslash for a phrasing slur.

I perfectly agree.  It is just that fixing the partcombiner is quite
harder, and changing both partcombiner and slur engraver again is likely
to give us another few months of the "is this a regression? this worked
differently before" game.

On the plus side, the side effect of being able to use _(^( for double
slurs is nice.  Actually (here I go again) it might be conceivable to
allow _) and ^) for matched beginning/ending of slurs beyond the simple
case of double slurs, basically as if _^ were a weak spanner id.

But I guess that this can be a consideration for another time.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6294047/