Re: [XY]-core-extent and general_alignment (issue 2613) (issue 6308093)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: [XY]-core-extent and general_alignment (issue 2613) (issue 6308093)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:28:58 -0300

This patch seems to be for solving a lyrics related problem. It would
be nice if this wouldn't require overhaul of the core data structures
of LilyPond. Each and every graphic object has a dimension-cache, so
you're adding a core-extent (as opposed to the normal extent) to each
object. Does that make sense?  I think it would be much better if you
could solve this problem while only touching the lyrics related code.