Re: GSOC: change XY-extent to outer-XY-extent and inner-XY-extent (desig

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: GSOC: change XY-extent to outer-XY-extent and inner-XY-extent (design - feedback requested)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:26:38 +0200

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Janek,
>
> there has been discussion on your patch.
> I see your point, that you want to discriminate graphical, logical and
> perhaps some other extents. I also agree with Keith, that we shouldn't fill
> our RAM with redundant or unused data.
> What about an extent-map, where extents can be stored by key?

Sorry, but i'm not familiar with maps and therefore i'm not sure what
that would exactly mean :/
Nevertheless, i don't think we'll need more than two extents - logical
and graphical.  Storing them in ordinary properties seems enough to me
at the moment.

> The idea of having different extent-sizes may reduce the scheme-coding
> necessary for several things besides lyrics, like the subito f you mentioned
> for example.

Indeed, i have quite high hopes here.
Do you know any situation where more types of extents would be needed?

cheers,
Janek