Re: LSR updates and translations

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: LSR updates and translations
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:40:02 +0200

Le 20/06/2012 11:50, Phil Holmes disait :

I'd like to propose a pretty radical change to this process.  I propose
that /Documentation/snippets/ is a straight copy of a recent LSR
tarball.  It's the task of the LSR meister to keep this up to date.  We
have a new directory: build/Documentation/snippets.  This is created and
updated with a new make command - "make snippets" (which is run before
make doc, or possibly make). make snippets runs an updated version of
makelsr, which runs in the makelsr-with-argument mode - i.e., searches
for snippets in /Documentation/snippets/, adds the translations, runs
convert-ly, and saves the results in /build/Documentation/snippets.  It
therefore becomes a transient collection and does not require monitoring
for translation purposes.  The only thing that translators need to
monitor is /Documentation/snippets/, which should not change except when
new snippets are added or existing ones changed.

Just a nitpick: since info files are built during the "make" phase, it might be more judicious to attach "make snippets" to this phase.

Other than that, I totally agree.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles