Re: LSR updates and translations

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: LSR updates and translations
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 11:29:12 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Vila" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>

Good, I like it in principle, but how will be changes being tracked
using SHA IDs?

Currently, translations have a SHA ID which is that of the snippet it
is a translation of. Any change to the original snippet is done in a
commit whose SHA ID is used to generate a diff against the ID of the
translation. This determines what the translators have to work on.

That's a bit I'd deliberately glossed over since I didn't/don't fully understand it as yet.

My idea would be that, using the new system, changed snippets would look exactly like changed documentation files. If I modify, say, /Documentation/notation/ancient.itely, how do the translators pick up that this has been changed?

--
Phil Holmes