Re: LSR updates and translations

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: LSR updates and translations
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:04:22 +0200

2012/6/20 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
> I'd like to propose a pretty radical change to this process.  I propose that
> /Documentation/snippets/ is a straight copy of a recent LSR tarball.  It's
> the task of the LSR meister to keep this up to date.  We have a new
> directory: build/Documentation/snippets.  This is created and updated with a
> new make command - "make snippets" (which is run before make doc, or
> possibly make). make snippets runs an updated version of makelsr, which runs
> in the makelsr-with-argument mode - i.e., searches for snippets in
> /Documentation/snippets/, adds the translations, runs convert-ly, and saves
> the results in /build/Documentation/snippets.  It therefore becomes a
> transient collection and does not require monitoring for translation
> purposes.  The only thing that translators need to monitor is
> /Documentation/snippets/, which should not change except when new snippets
> are added or existing ones changed.

Good, I like it in principle, but how will be changes being tracked
using SHA IDs?

Currently, translations have a SHA ID which is that of the snippet it
is a translation of. Any change to the original snippet is done in a
commit whose SHA ID is used to generate a diff against the ID of the
translation. This determines what the translators have to work on.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com