Re: Meeting 2nd half of August! (was: GOP2: 0 - why are we losing develo

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Meeting 2nd half of August! (was: GOP2: 0 - why are we losing developers? (discuss responses))
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:47:38 +0100

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 05:44:19PM +0100, Colin Hall wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 06:26:34PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> > Decent communication in electronic media
> > is one of the things I am spectacularly bad at.  One thing that has
> > turned out to be effective at times is meeting people in person.
>
> I think this is an excellent idea.
>
> Anything that gets us away from typing at each other and towards human
> contact is a good thing.

A less expensive option could be skype chats (or a different
program if people wanted an open-source one).  These could even
become regular events, such as every Wed at 10:00 UST and Thurs at
23:00 UST.  (picking dates/times randomly)

I'm not suggesting video, since even my university internet
connection doesn't handle video chats well, but voice could work
out.