Re: screech-and-boink.ly

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: screech-and-boink.ly
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:51:55 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:44 PM

commit e6a5019c531bbc6663e0eebc645409148dbd8931
Author: John Mandereau - LilyPond development <address@hidden>
Date:   Thu Jun 28 18:32:18 2012 +0200

Clean fonts and docs makefiles, trying to fix 'make -j' race conditions

That patch is currently on a countdown and should not have been
pushed.  I wonder if John did a "git push" intending to update
dev/jmanederau, without realizing that this pushes material on
*all* branches?  I've been bitten by that bug^Wpoor design
decision of git.

<URL:http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/192547/focus=192694>

but I have no idea how the discussion ended.

Yes, it would appear that the above commit is a prime suspect and more
likely than not was pushed by accident.  By the way: make clean +
reconfigure did _not_ do the trick.  make all still fails with the same
message.

Trying with reverting this commit next.

It'll almost certainly be the makelsr updates that are causing the problem. I'd suggest reverting that first.

--
Phil Holmes