Re: Use directory-local variables to establish some coding styles in Ema

From: graham
Subject: Re: Use directory-local variables to establish some coding styles in Emacs (issue 6460109)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 16:02:31 +0000

Could you add a script (either shell or python) which applies this
formatting to all scheme files in the repository?  I'd like to see how
that changes the scheme files.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6460109/diff/3001/.dir-locals.el
File .dir-locals.el (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6460109/diff/3001/.dir-locals.el#newcode6
.dir-locals.el:6: (indent-tabs-mode))
Does this mean what I think it means?  We should have *no* tabs in C++
files (decided in last year's GOP).

This year's GOP question proposes to extend that to no tabs for C++ and
scheme files.  I haven't heard any disagreement with that part of the
proposal, so please speak up if you do.

I'm pretty certain that the CG on docs specifies to use only spaces in
those files.  This is important for formatting @lilypond  for html and
probably LaTeX as well.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6460109/