state of GUB and passing Release Meister to Phil

From: Graham Percival
Subject: state of GUB and passing Release Meister to Phil
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:18:37 +0100

Here's a summary of the situation:
- git repository is here:
  https://github.com/gperciva/gub
  anybody who wants push ability to this repository will get it.

- there is now an "experimental" branch.  Commits should probably
  be pushed there first, then when somebody has completed a GUB
  run, it can be merged with master.

- the tags are accurate.  All tags up to (and including) 2.17.0
  were built on ubuntu 10.04, but a number of computers running
  more recent distributions (i.e. ubuntu 12.04, fedora something)
  have successfully built 2.17.0 or 2.17.1.

- there's a few little tweaks for uploading to sort out with Phil,
  but those are well on their way to being resolved.  I'm
  resigning as Build Meister (although I haven't really described
  myself as such for the past year or so).  Phil Holmes is taking
  over the duties of actual releases.

  I will of course help him get up to speed in terms of uploading,
  but I don't really want to get involved in compilation problems.
  I feel that I've "done my time" on GUB, so I'm delighted that
  Jan and John managed to bring it (mostly) under control during
  the Waltrop weekend.
  (don't see this as me withdrawing from the project; I am now
  going to seriously whip the CG into shape and mentor new
  contributors.  I'll talk more about that in a separate email)