Re: Fw: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2547 in lilypond: Fix documentation of mak

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fw: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2547 in lilypond: Fix documentation of making footnotes work via tweak.
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 14:09:51 +0100

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 02:54:11PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 31/08/2012 alle 13.21 +0100, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> > People like James can build new test results quite quickly,
> > have them automatically uploaded to Grenouille, and Grenouille
> > can then server them to reviewers.
>
> I'm a bit afraid of the extra bandwidth this will use, but we probably
> have no other solution for the next days (or more... as long as
> Grenouille has these too frequent crashes), and it's up to me to make
> Patchy not bloat up too much all tests results with so many log
> files :-p

Right.  Based on a rough estimate of the filesizes that I've seen
James post, let's assume 1M for a normal patch and 10M for a large
touch-everything patch.  Let's also assume that each day has 10
normal patches and 1 large patch.

That means 20 Mb upload per day, or 600 Mb per month.  Let's guess
at 10 views per patch (possibly the same reviewer looking at the
data a few times), and that's 6 Gb download (given the generous
over-estimates).  Unless I've screwed up the math somewhere.
(granted, this doesn't count bandwidth for translators looking at
documentation)

That's probably ok for a server.  It would be be nice if it were
smaller, of course, but it doesn't strike me as being ridiculously
large.