gerrit - does it allow writing commits using a web interface?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: gerrit - does it allow writing commits using a web interface?
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 00:26:04 +0200

Hi John,

i remember that you are investigating whether we could be using Gerrit
for Lily work.  I may've asked this question already, but i don't
remember whether there was a definitive answer: does gerrit have a web
interface that allows to create new commits using only a web browser?
I've skimmed over
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Gerrit-Introduction
but didn't find any answer.

The reason i'm so concerned about this is simple: it would enable
hordes of LilyPond users (;-)) to participate in Lily development.
The following situation happened to me several times: a user had a
problem, i've explained how to fix it (or simply sent a link to
appropriate section in manuals), and i asked "how could we improve the
manuals so that you had found this information easier/understood it
better?".  Unfortunately, the responses are usually too vague to be
turned to a patch on the spot, and i don't have time to think about
them myself (and it doesn't make sense to ask the user to install
Lilydev and learn how to make a patch just for this).  With a web
interface, this would become massively simpler.
Also, Graham's catchphrase "patches appreciated" would become much
more powerful :)

cheers,
Janek