Re: Uncommented code in LilyPond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Uncommented code in LilyPond
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 12:24:11 +0100

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 10:27:59AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> When I said that it'd be great for people to put /* TO COMMENT
> */, that is exactly the type of stuff I'd love to see in the
> code.  Feel free to propose a patch with a bunch of /* TO
> COMMENT */ - I think if we mark these things, it'll make it
> easier to not waste time writing useless comments like the one
> in your do_sum example.
> I think Graham would agree with me
>  in saying that people can push this stuff directly to staging w/o review.

I don't see how TO COMMENT will help, until we collectively learn
to write (and to *expect*) good comments.  I would approach this
as a pedagogical issue, not a "mark places that need help" issue.
I think that being pickier with the reviews, possibly including
David's nice idea about only "replying" with updated patches, is
the best direction to move in.