Re: Prevents script tie collisions (issue 6500058)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Prevents script tie collisions (issue 6500058)
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 06:35:29 +0000

On 2012/09/04 08:14:46, mike7 wrote:
On 4 sept. 2012, at 07:36, mailto:address@hidden wrote:

> I can't get it to work for the script at the start of the tie.
> \relative c''' { r2. c4~-> | c-> r2. }

The reason is because ties are announced at a timestep (maybe
several) after their creation.  This makes it very difficult to
account for scripts created on the first tied note.

Then just forget about it.  When was the last time you saw an accent on
the /second/ note of a tied pair?  or a staccato!?

Or, do it as you say here:

What would be best is for the tie engraver to announce ties
straightaway and then to call Grob::suicide if they wind up
not being used instead of announcing them later.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6500058/