Re: how to make decisions?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: how to make decisions?
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:25:49 +0200

Graham Percival writes:

> What's depressing?  I didn't see anything unusual in those
> comments.

I would not use the word depressing, but I cannot help wondering
why someone would think that, anno 2009, using musixtex would
be a good idea, and needs to blog about it and get comments
to find out about the existence of LilyPond.

Also, it is saddening to read a senior consultant with a PhD
suggest the use of a proprietary software package.  Hopefully
he'll hear about Sibelius' [development] demise and takes
the lock-in-to-a-possbily-dieing-vendor viewpoint into
account when suggesting "software solutions".

Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl