Re: Fixes position of mensural c clef (issue 6503091)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Fixes position of mensural c clef (issue 6503091)
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 19:22:37 +0100

With reference to the question of whether the clef is correctly centred, and what clefs from this time generally looked like, I've been through the reference books I have at home and produced the attached analysis. Not suggesting to try to pre-empt discussion, but providing some background. It strongly supports C clefs centred on the C stave, but implies we're a little short of some clef types.

--
Phil Holmes