Re: irc and hangouts

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: irc and hangouts
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 23:33:33 +0200

On 2012-09-09 16:50, Graham Percival wrote:
Janek and I had a brief chat on Tuesday night on the irc channel.
Yesterday, we had a voice chat with google hangout about various
recent happenings on -devel.  I think that both options can be
very helpful for understanding each other better.  Is anybody else
interested in chatting, with either text or voice?

I'm not available next Tuesday at 20:00 UTC, but we can easily
pick a different time.  Or, if other people are available, they
could have a chat without me.  The previous "scheduled chat" only
had 2 participants from -devel (plus two people already in the irc
channel), so it's certainly worth rescheduling the time if we
could get 3 participants.

I have my IRC app running on my office machine 24/7, so I can always read up what was discussed if I missed any discussion.

Scheduled chats in the (early) evening are a problem with me, because I have rehearsals with the Arnold Schoenberg Choir (a professional choir in Vienna, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schoenberg_Chor ) basically every night, and I also have several performances at the Vienna Volksoper.

If someone wants to chat with me, it's best to ping me in the irc channel, and I'll try to respond when I notice it.

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886