What do \[ and \] do?

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: What do \[ and \] do?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:15:19 +0100

Hi folks,

I just noticed mention of these in the GLISS pre/post/neutral command
thread.

What do these commands do?

If there's discussion about converting them to modern syntax,
presumably they'll need documenting etc. and we'll need to describe
them in terms thickos like me can understand on first reading.

If they're difficult to describe for my kind of audience, then maybe
they're too obscure to need polishing up, sanitizing and documenting,
and having regression tests written for them.

Just a thought,

Cheers,

Ian