Re: Allows user to set ChordName text (issue 6496085)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Allows user to set ChordName text (issue 6496085)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:05:32 +0000

http://codereview.appspot.com/6496085/diff/1/lily/chord-name-engraver.cc
File lily/chord-name-engraver.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6496085/diff/1/lily/chord-name-engraver.cc#newcode149
lily/chord-name-engraver.cc:149: && ly_is_equal (chord_as_scm,
last_chord_))
On 2012/09/06 09:59:09, MikeSol wrote:
On 2012/09/06 08:50:40, dak wrote:
> If one is doing the chord calculation manually, you can't make the
decision of
> whether a chord changed based on the automatic calculation.  For
better or
> worse, you need to compare the computed chord versions/text.

To respond to your points above, I don't throw away the values above
because
they're used here.  As for the present point, that is an interesting
conundrum...I'll  drum up some logic for that.  That may eliminate the
need for
guarding the values above having to do with chord changes, in which
point the if
else statement will be able to be simplified.

Is there a reason you did none of the above, addressed only the very
first point of my review, ignored all of the rest and pushed?

http://codereview.appspot.com/6496085/