Re: How to change the patch description for the issue tracker?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: How to change the patch description for the issue tracker?
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:59:55 -0700

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 02:28:36PM +0100, James wrote:
> Mark,
>
> On 10 September 2012 14:15, Marc Hohl <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Is there a way to rename the patch description that shows up in the
> > issue tracker? I think I have seen something like this in a patch
> > from Mike, so it should be possible.
>
> Are you talking about the summary field of the tracker or the comment?

or the code.google.com issue tracker of the rietveld
codereview.appspot.com tracker?  :|
Changing the subject in code.google.com is easy provided that you
are logged in as a project member.

> So just re-edit the original commit message and that's all you need to
> do. When you use git-cl it also gives you an additional line to enter
> 'describe this patch set' which is what is added to the Rietveld Patch
> set on the google.code website.

If this doesn't work -- not that I have any reason to doubt James,
I'm just trying to cover all bases here -- then I'd consider
uploading the patch to a new rietveld issue.  (go through
"git-cl issue 0" then "git-cl upload origin/master" as usual)

The situation would almost certainly change if/when we switch to
gerritt.