Re: Some files missing copyright/license headers; would be useful to add

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Some files missing copyright/license headers; would be useful to add as they are seen
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:54:42 -0700

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 04:44:40PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> Short story: some files in the lilypond source are missing
> copyright/licensing headers, but for the most part this doesn't seem
> like a big deal. As they get edited or otherwise patched, it would be
> helpful to add them.

Yes.  In fact, even png files are supposed to have licenses added
to the metadata for our compliance with GNU policies:
http://lilypond.org/~graham/gop/gop_2.html

> As a side note, I had originally thought that everything in lilypond
> was GPLed; however, scripts/build/mf2pt1.pl is under the LPPL1.3c+,
> and flower/include/yaffut.hh is under the BSL-1.0. These are both free
> software licenses, so no big deal.

There are a few other licenses, notably the FDL for the manuals,
public domain for Documentation/snippets/, and MIT for musicxml
test suite.

> lily/include/breathing-sign.hh is copyrighted by Michael Krause, but
> doesn't not contain licensing information. I'm assuming this is GPL3+,
> but the header should probably be fixed.

Yes.  I have copied the header from lily/breathing-sign.cc to
lily/breathing-sign.hh.

> scripts/build/website_post.py has no copyright/license information;
> not sure who wrote it. I'm assuming it's GPL3+, but I do not know.

I wrote it, and it's GPL3+.  I've added a copyright statement.

> elisp/lilypond-font-lock.el also is missing a license, even though
> it's got the copyright statement in it.

Hmm, not immediately certain what to do with that.  Added here: