Re: GOP2-5 - ly language discussions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GOP2-5 - ly language discussions
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 00:27:14 +0200

> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 12:06:46PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > I suggest that we have a separate mailing list to discuss wild
>> > ideas. Initially these will probably be about modifications to the
>> > ly language, but other candidates are mutopia, kickstarter,
>> > crowd-typeset music, closer ties with online music editors, etc.
>>
>> I don't think it makes sense to have a separate list I am not supposed
>> to be reading discussing Mutopia, Kickstarter, crowd-typesetting, closer
>> ties with online music editors etc.
>
> Then I suggest that you spend more effort trying to avoid making
> disparaging comments.

[...]

>> > Any omissions or mistakes in a formal proposal may be subjected to
>> > sarcastic and disparaging comments.
>>
>> No.  We may have problems getting to a reasonably common ground of
>> communication and decency, but that does not mean that we should tell
>> people it is fine to not even try.  The net result would be that the
>> only people willing to work on LilyPond are rude and thick-hided.
>
> David, the past month of emails from you have *already* been full
> of disparaging comments.  I'm suggesting that it's ok for you to
> continue acting in the same manner as long as it is restricted to
> formal proposals.

I suggest that it is not ok for me to make sarcastic and disparaging
comments.  So please take three mails of mine from the past month that
contain sarcastic and disparaging comments, and we'll go through them
and see in which manner their content should have been expressed in a
non-sarcastic and non-disparaging way.

Thank you.