Re: [GLISS] basics

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: [GLISS] basics
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:56:16 +0200

On 23 September 2012 19:18, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> Eluze suggested to contact you, being a native french-speaker.
>
> Would you like to open a thread or start a poll on the
> french-user-list about the topic described below in the quoted
> section?

Hi everyone,

Yes, I saw this thread yesterday, before taking a train, and I already
"flagged it" to remember to talk about it on lilypond-user-fr.

IMHO the discussion should not focus only on "beginners", as there are
some parts of LilyPond syntax that are still confusing/difficult even
for longstanding users.  I think this category of users, engraving
_intensely_ scores with LilyPond (and that are not besides lily devs),
are maybe much more concerned by lily syntax than beginners.

But unfortunately I fear that these people are not the most active on
LilyPond mailing lists (this is also true for many beginners).

But let's give it a try.
If everybody agrees with Janek's short survey in English I'll send a
translation on the French users mailing list in a few days and report
back the results a dozen of days later.

Cheers,
Xavier

--