Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20120925

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PATCH: Countdown to 20120925
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 23:09:38 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
>> For 21:00 MDT Tuesday September 25
>>
>> Enhancement:
>>     Issue 2717: Implement \single, \omit and \hide - R 6495135

This one had been resubmitted and consequently is back to Patch-review.
The change is not one really requiring a recountdown, but it is not like
there is anything waiting for it.

>>     Issue 2853: Patch: Set up indent-tabs-mode in lexer.ll and parser.yy - R
>> 6551050
>>     Issue 2854: Patch: parser.yy: remove STRING_IDENTIFIER token - R 6542057

Those two are stopping me from submitting further work to the parser.
The first one is a nuisance to keep uncommitted since it is pretty much
necessary to work on parser.yy without making the spacing go even more
haywire.

The second one is a prerequisite for more parser work that will go on
review as soon as this is committed.

I don't expect there to be much of a reviewable angle to either.  To
accommodate you, I can refrain from any "can't sleep anyway" commits
before breakfast, meaning that they won't go in before something like 9
UTC.  But I think it would make more sense to take a look at the last
two:

>> Ugly:
>>     Issue 1700: Chord names collide when several note-columns lay in between
>> - R 6489107
>>     Issue 2841: Augmentation dot Y position on merged note heads - R 6550056
>
> I wanted to review at least some of these, but i was too tired today,
> and i have to go to sleep now.  If you're willing to wait, i'm going
> to wake up at 5 UTC (by the way - could we specify time in UTC,
> please?) and give them a try.

All the best