Re: Call for help with bar lines

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Call for help with bar lines
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:23:36 +0200

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 26.09.2012 11:47, schrieb address@hidden:
>
>> I unfortunately don't have much time to help you out, but I can tell
>> you that you are on the right track doing prints to the command
>> line.  I would not, however, stash them in lambda functions used as
>> overrides, as this can sometimes interfere with pure properties.
> Thanks for the hint, but I assume that this is not the case here,
> where I wrap ly:bar-line::print into
> a callback ...

_I_ wouldn't dare competing against Mike in a purity test.  Unless you
know your way inside/out of pure/impure containers and stuff, it might
really be worth a try to check out his debugging suggestion.

In a different vein, I have the impression that we might need to revisit
the programming model if we want to have a chance of more than 2 people
ever being able to work successfully on/with the backend.