Re: Issue 2717: Implement \single, \omit and \hide (issue 6495135)

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Issue 2717: Implement \single, \omit and \hide (issue 6495135)
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:51:58 +0200

On 2012-09-26 15:32, address@hidden wrote:
Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:

On 26/09/2012 11:26, address@hidden wrote:
\once does something entirely different.  It does not turn an
override
into a tweak but rather marks it at being active only at the current
timestep.  \once applies at a single time, \single applies on a
single
item.

To me as a user, \once\override is used to change the next note (or
items attached to it) and \single\tweak is used to change the next
item.

Both are only roughly equivalent when there is only one item per
timestep.  \once\override affects _everything_ happening at the same
time.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I didn't understand that \single is meant to fix the case where \once applies to multiple items at the same timestep!

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, address@hidden, http://www.kainhofer.com
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886