Re: [talk] easy tuplets

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: [talk] easy tuplets
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 23:38:12 -0700

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:51:43 -0700, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:

2012/9/24 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
Seriously though, i think this syntax would be very useful for
algorithmic composers and computer programs manipulating Lily code.
Another advantage is code readability and ease of copying it (shall i
elaborate?)

Besides, it's not like we would loose any functionality: \times would
still be there.

This convinces me. I'm for it.

I'll be against it.  I make typos of c3 or c5 when I want to type c4

Let the algorithmic composers write c4*4/5

Let the humans use \tuplet as proposed years ago,
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2006-12/msg00489.html>
and which is easy to implement (attached) now that David has added the
infrastructure to write music-functions that take fractions, and optional
arguments (although I'm not sure if the optional argument is wise in this case).