Re: [talk] easy tuplets

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: [talk] easy tuplets
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:48:00 -0700

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 08:40:50 -0700, Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:

I imagine that we could have arbitrary integer durations intended for
use with straightforward tuplets, while continue using explicit \times
command for complicated (for example nested) ones.

Try it out.  Enter some Debussy using 12th-notes, 9th notes, etc.
<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/make-table.cgi?searchingfor=debussy>

And by the way, look at the output of this:

  \times 2/3 { b8 }
  \times 2/3 { b8 }

We sometimes need numbers on each stem, for example tremolos c6.:12

As for dividing tuplets here

\times 2/3 { c8 c c c c c c c c c c c
             c8 c c c c c c c c c c c }

we can use tupletSpannerDuration.  We could have it calculated from
time signature or something like that.

The auto-beaming code beams triplet rhythms correctly, with rare exceptions,
when they are written out
  { c8*2/3 c c c c c c c c c c c
    c c c c c c c c c c c c }

"the casual atmosphere of a friendly
discussion at a pub or coffee house"

Would you be rather thinking of a Scottish or a Canadian pub here?

what's the difference?

Canadians are known for being exceptionally polite.