Re: [GLISS] turn xxx.yyy into ("xxx" "yyy")

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [GLISS] turn xxx.yyy into ("xxx" "yyy")
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:41:39 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>>   \override Bottom.TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "rit."
>>
>> as
>>
>>   \override Bottom.TextSpanner bound-details.left.text = "rit."
>
> I like this.

Actually, the recently unified word syntax plays a bit into it as well
since otherwise "bound-details" would fall apart.  As a consequence of
the current inconsistent \override syntax I already complained about
recently, you will then also be able to write

\override Bottom.TextSpanner bound-details left text = "rit."

instead of the currently possible form

\override Bottom.TextSpanner #'bound-details #'left #'text = "rit."

but not

\revert Bottom.TextSpanner bound-details left text

That one is really on my personal black list.  I just have to get around
to writing a convert-ly rule getting rid of it before removing parser
support.