Re: Provide an \un function for turning overrides and sets into reverts

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Provide an \un function for turning overrides and sets into reverts and unsets (issue 6588067)
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 11:06:49 +0200

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Are there any limitations?  For example,
>> would \un\clef and \un\key result in
>> - reverting to previous clef/key
>> - something strange
>> - syntax error
>
> Something strange is most likely.  \set does not really maintain a
> stack, so \unset just kills the context-dependent value.

Something strange happened, indeed. This:
{
  \key a \major \clef F
  cis dis c e
  \un\key a\major \un\clef F
  cis fis c e
}
produced a treble clef glyph (but it didn't affect notnotese
positions) and accidentals that were still in a major.
Also, i couldn't just write \un\key nor \un\clef.
I think it would be good to polish this, so that this either works or
always produces syntax error.

cheers,
Janek