Re: Provide an \un function for turning overrides and sets into reverts

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Provide an \un function for turning overrides and sets into reverts and unsets (issue 6588067)
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 11:37:44 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:15 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I think it would be good to polish this, so that this either works or
>>> always produces syntax error.
>>
>> Figuring out heuristics when or when one should not issue a warning is
>> not all that easy to decide with a reasonable amount of consistency, and
>> this is not a problem particular to \undo.
>
> ok.

Not that this would not be useful.  It's just that it's a lot of detail
work and finetuning without providing any new functionality.  To get a
warning, you need to actually _run_ the source file, and in most cases
that means that proofreading would equally well tell you what you want
to know.  So the return for the one-time investment in programming is
rather small.  I won't object if anybody wants to work on this, but at
the current point of time I myself have stuff I consider more important.