Re: convert-ly (issue 2670) (issue 6610058)

From: graham
Subject: Re: convert-ly (issue 2670) (issue 6610058)
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 20:08:20 +0000

The changelog says
"Don't update \version when no rule is applied."

That's what the existing -d --diff-version-update command does.  If this
is intended to be the default behaviour now, then the command-line
option should be removed.  I would rather keep convert-ly as-is (in
terms of this behaviour; the other changes in this patch look good) and
let users chose whether they want -d or not.  However, if there's strong
feeling that -d should be the default, then could we replace that
command-line option and give it a separate -u --always-update-version or
something like that?

https://codereview.appspot.com/6610058/