Re: stepping down as project manager

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: stepping down as project manager
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:51:22 +0100

Graham, you wrote Friday, October 12, 2012 8:01 AM

>I guess it's time to make it official: I'm stepping down as
> project manager.

That's a real blow.  You've made an immense contribution to
LilyPond over the years.  It won't be the same without you!

> But nothing lasts forever; the time has come to leave.

I can empathise with this feeling.  I've recently come to the
same conclusion with regard to stage shows.  The enjoyment
I used to derive seemed to have gone, and participation was
becoming increasingly a chore.  It seems you have the same
feeling about LP.

> Ultimately, I haven't used lilypond for my own music since 2004.

Funny, isn't it, how many of the developers don't actually use
LilyPond much.  Apart from one project I haven't either.

> We've had a number of people recently warning about less energy
> for LilyPond, so I know that this email isn't perfectly timed.
> But hey, that's life.  The next few months probably won't be
> fantastic, but as long as you reduce any expectations, I don't
> think it'll be too bad.

I'm sure you'll lurk on the lists and speak up when you feel
motivated, but even so we'll miss your frequent and always
insightful contributions!

Good luck with whatever takes LilyPond's place.

Trevor