Busy Developers' Summary 2: what happened this week

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Busy Developers' Summary 2: what happened this week
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 20:25:29 +0200

Hi all,

second issue of BDS - this week was definitely less busy than previous one.
__________________________________

It seems that we're finally close to removing misleading & deprecated
old website (lilypond.org/web/) - see

It was decided (i.e. nobody came up with a better idea) to dump the
results of the GLISS user poll (conducted by Harm on the German
LilyPond forum) into the tracker:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-10/msg00543.html

David Kastrup discovered that override, which operates on property
stacks, is (contrary to what one might think) not a push, but a
pop+push.  Because of that, it's impossible to make a temporary
override and then go back to previous (non-default) value.  There was
a lot of controversy about the desired naming and design of various
property-changing commands; as a result David got frustrated and
abandoned his patch.  Since the patch itself works, i'm going to push
it on Tuesday so as to not waste David's work - if we decide that we
want a different design, we can always change it later.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-10/msg00432.html
https://codereview.appspot.com/6687044/
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-10/msg00562.html

Discussion about allowing to specify context-grob-properties arguments
without #' continues ("Context.Grob considered as symbol list" and
others).  If i understand correctly,
http://codereview.appspot.com/6651053 reflects the current state of
this (very cool!) proposal.  <smile!> I think David will be happy to
hear that his work is awesome :) (or hear some constructive criticism
;) ) </smile!>

If i missed anything (quite likely, since i'm just skimming most of
the emails), add it in a reply!  I think it would also be great if
David wrote a short summary about the status of "Context.Grob
considered as symbol list".

best, and see you on Tuesday
Janek