Re: Allow digits in identifiers (issue 6493072)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Allow digits in identifiers (issue 6493072)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:20:19 +0100

Am 29.10.2012 11:05, schrieb address@hidden:
[...]

I can wave around my long-term plans which would allow for just writing
\violin1 by allowing arrays of violins (I have something in a branch
right now, but without further syntax changes I am working on it is not
really fitting seamlessly into LilyPond). But long-term plans are not
really a suitable excuse for blocking other developers indefinitely.
I think it would help everyone quite a lot if you could post your
future plans/roadmap – just some concise bullet points telling us what you
want to do.

I trust you (almost) completely in terms of developing lilypond along
a way that is most fruitful for internal consistency and further external
enhancements. It is sometimes just hard to see your goals by just
trying to review your patches and remarks along that way.

And if other developers just knew what you are about to do, they
do not cross your way (in terms of work!) unintentionally.

Regards,

Marc