Re: Allow digits in identifiers (issue 6493072)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Allow digits in identifiers (issue 6493072)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 04:13:30 +0000

On 2012/10/29 10:05:30, dak wrote:

Keith's proposal would not imply that violin . $(+ 1 1) would
be the same as violin.2 and not even violin . 2 would work here.

I didn't think we wanted such things.
Nor do we want
  \paper { short-indent = 3\cm }
to subtract 'indent' from 'short'.  We are simply accommodating other
language conventions, Scheme or human, in acceptable names.

We can choose a different character to introduce digits
 \violin+1  \violin01  \violin,1  \violin;1  \violin:1
as in patch set 3, for example.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6493072/