Releases 2.17.6 and 2.16.1

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Releases 2.17.6 and 2.16.1
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 17:07:42 +0100

Hi,

I have just been merging translation into stable (after checking
compilation, tests, and documentation).  I am not totally happy with
2.16.1: we still have non-convergence on the line-count stuff (which I
will leave in its current state), and it is conceivable that there is
some regression concerning #{ \include ... #}.  In particular with
regard to the latter, I am tempted to either cherry-pick some stuff that
has seen no serious exposure (issue 2939
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2939> is still in
countdown), or alternatively revert some performance-related patches of
mine that have been picked post-2.16.0.  I'll have to do some testing to
figure out the exact scope of the problem and then make a decision.

On front of the unstable release, we are having several reviews in
countdown with 2.17.6 syntax, and I think we should roll out 2.17.6 as
soon as possible to avoid things getting too complicated on the
convert-ly front.