Re: Busy Developer's Summary 4: please help!

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Busy Developer's Summary 4: please help!
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 18:14:35 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi people,
>
> this week i was reading the lists quite randomly and i don't know what
> should be in the summary apart from the information that commit
> f25b23eb6fbbf83489dfac39f1908ab13a75b4b9
> updated all our documentation with new "#'-less" syntax (~700 files
> changed, ~7000 lines in total).
>
> what else should be here?

The update involved a number of changes to bring the music function APIs
in line with the change, its possibilities and restrictions.  You can
probably just siphon off the information from
<URL:http://codereview.appspot.com/6813079>.  It did not appear yet in
2.17.6.

2.17.6 is released.  Probably looking at the issue tracker by using the
"Modified" column (you need to press the ... column to get it offered)
as a sorting criterion will help you see which issues have been touched
(be sure to search "All issues" rather than "open issues") will help you
figure out what issues saw work (and or fixes or commits) in that time
span:

<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=1&q=&sort=-modified&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Stars+Owner+Patch+Needs+Summary+Modified&x=type&cells=tiles>

2.16.1 has had its translations finished as far as I can see and I still
need to evaluate a few things to decide what to include and what to
revert for 2.16.1.  So it is expected early next week.

There were two different patch proposals for permitting numbers into
identifiers, both using non-obvious special forms of identifiers.  Both
have been put on hold for now as there may be better solutions depending
on ongoing work possible at a later point of time.