Re: [talk] suggestion: redesign "sponsoring" page.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [talk] suggestion: redesign "sponsoring" page.
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 11:44:01 +0100

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> I think that any user will be happier to invest some money on a
> specific feature he/she really wants rather than on "general
> development".
> Why wasting this opportunity?

Because things that are easy to do very much tend to be promptly done on
the user list and/or the developer list.  That's really a fabulous
community effort that is going on there, and it is based on an
understanding of reciprocity and almost a competition in being helpful.
And things that are actually hard to do are way out of the league of the
typical bounty amount.

So I really don't see much of a wasted opportunity here.