Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:36:58 +0100

On 29 nov. 2012, at 10:13, address@hidden wrote:

On 2012/11/29 08:28:31, mike7 wrote:
On 29 nov. 2012, at 03:23, mailto:address@hidden wrote:

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/18003/lily/box-quarantine.cc#newcode69
> lily/box-quarantine.cc:69: int mid = ii0.mid_;
>  assert ((double)(ii0.index - mid) >= 0.0)

it is possible, for example, that ii0.index is 0 and mid
is 3 (mid represents the middle index of the vector).

 ii0.index_ = 0;
 mid = 3;
 printf("%f\n",(double)(ii0.index_ - mid));

4294967293.000000

woah...totally over my head, but ok, convinced

> add-stem-support = #f doesn't seem to work very well with beams
> with this patch.

One can write a lambda function ...

But I want to set Wilder Reiter (my favorite piece when I was eight, and
the example we discussed where fingerings go alongside stems)
<http://imslp.org/wiki/File:PMLP02707-Schumann_-_Album_für_die_Jugend.pdf>
and I don't know how to write lambda functions.

I wrote a lambda function. Regest added.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/18003/scm/define-grobs.scm#newcode909
> scm/define-grobs.scm:909: (FingeringCollision
> This would need a convert-ly rule.  Why change the name ?

You recommended that in a previous review.

Well I must have been suffering from a case of the stupids, because
FingeringColumn was a perfect name for a column of fingering
indications.   Now I'm suffering a case of amnesia trying to think of
what I could have meant.

from days of yore...

http://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/diff/11002/lily/box-quarantine.cc#newcode24
lily/box-quarantine.cc:24: Box_quarantine::Box_quarantine (Real padding,
Axis a)
So far it looks like this handles fingering only.  Other similar
problems are handled with a XX_Collision object, so maybe just call this
Fingering_Collision ?