Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Uses single algorithm for side-position spacing. (issue 6827072)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 06:25:56 +0000

'finger-chords.ly' is still in disagreement with its texidoc (therefore
failing).  You could adjust that regtest in light of the new defaults,
of course.

Better might be to make Fingering.add-stem-support = #only-if-beamed
the new default.  That is in better agreement with common practice.
Regtests come out just as good.  (Les-neréides.ly can remove a couple
"tweaks", which seems to be how somebody was keeping score.)  Then users
will less often want to override add-stem-support, and when they do it
will be to the simpler ##f or ##t

> The while(dirty) loop runs 2366 times for the last chord in
> 'fingering-collision.ly' but that's an extreme case.

I'm not proud of this...

It is at least comprehensible; while the code it replaced was utterly
baffling.  I simplified the loop
<http://codereview.appspot.com/6854121/>

You should at least put the filenames back to what they were, and adjust
any tests or documentation or snippets using add-stem support, before
pushing.

I started to test with real music.  The usual Chopin test case
<http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=1776>
has a badly broken cross-staff beam in measure 27.  I don't yet see the
cause.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6827072/