Re: Change staff - collision with lyrics

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Change staff - collision with lyrics
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 16:07:36 -0700 (PDT)

Phil Holmes wrote
> I'm setting a piece of Vaughan Williams which has the RH changing staff
> all
> over the place and finding difficulty getting it to look anywhere near
> usable.  This is not a tiny example, and the stems aren't orientated as in
> the original, but have a look at the collision with the lyrics.  I
> couldn't
> find a bug report that's relevant.

*simply* adapt the VerticalAxisGroup as in the example below:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Lyrics
    \override VerticalAxisGroup nonstaff-unrelatedstaff-spacing = #'(
        (minimum-distance . 8 )
        (basic-distance . 12 )
        (padding . .5)
        (stretchability . 12)
    )
    \override VerticalAxisGroup nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing = #'(
        (minimum-distance . 5 )
        (basic-distance . 8 )
        (padding . .5)
        (stretchability . 12)
    )
  }
}

but if somebody comes with a simpler solution I'd like to know!

Eluze