Re: Path to LilyPond 2.18

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Path to LilyPond 2.18
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 22:46:11 -0700

On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 07:22:11 -0700, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:

I am pretty
sure that my suggestion on your rietveld review will work.

I get an error with make:
define-grobs.scm:29:3: Unbound variable:
grob::simple-horizontal-skylines-from-x-extent

Shucksie darn.  I see now that Mike's next patch set removed that function.
Figuring out what to keep from the troublesome patch is, troublesome.

Logically, the start brace is 'cross-staff' because it crosses staves, and
changes size and shape depending on staff spacing.  However, we went a long
time without the brace being marked 'cross-staff' so going back is probably
safest.

The 'kludgy' code Mike was removing recognizes the brace as a special case
which has Y-extent set to #f, yet we do want it to take up space.  The Y-extent
setting has been there since 2005, but I could find no reason for it.  I'll
post a patch.