Re: Path to LilyPond 2.18

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Path to LilyPond 2.18
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 03:52:12 +0000 (UTC)

Phil Holmes <mail <at> philholmes.net> writes:

> I believe we need to get fixes for 3363 and 3386 into the code base before
> cutting a release candidate.

Issue 3363, the scripts on cross-staff things being grossly misplaced,
looks simple, but requires figuring out quite a lot of the sequencing
of steps in layout.

Issue 3359, the infinite-recursion crash with the failed cross-staff tie,
also worries me.  It shows that one of the properties with 'pure' in the
name, 'pure-relevant-grobs' includes objects from different staves.
Usually 'pure' things deal with spacing before line-breaking, but objects
in different staves do not have their relative spacing known until later,
after page-layout.  Having objects from different staves in a data set
likely to be used for spacing before line breaking, seems like a mistake.

> I think 3386 is a simple revert, but don't
> have time to do it right now.

We probably cannot revert *all* of the patch that caused issue 3386 with
the start braces, because that patch did solve issue 3242. I am pretty
sure that my suggestion on your rietveld review will work.